Switch the Future Win an Energy Efficiency Prize Pack
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern the Synergy, “Switch the Future – Win an Energy Efficiency Prize Pack” (the Competition) which is conducted by Electricity Generation and Retail Corporation trading as Synergy (ABN 58 673 830 106)
- All entries to the Competition are made upon and subject to these terms and conditions, without alteration.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Synergy’s decision regarding the draw, determination of eligible entries and winner and the conduct of the Competition is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition will commence when Synergy’s “Switch the Future – Win an Energy Efficiency Prize Pack” competition commences at 1pm WST Day, 22 July 2014 and will close at 11.59am WST Day, 29 August 2014 (the Competition Period).
- To be eligible to enter the Competition, you must live in Western Australia, be a Synergy customer, enter a valid Synergy account number, not have your account number entered in the database at the commencement of the competition and agree to these terms and conditions.
- Employees and agents of Synergy or immediate relatives are not eligible to enter the Competition and if such an entry is submitted, it will not be valid. Entrants with email addresses from the aforementioned business will be immediately exempt from entry.
- Winners’ eligibility will be checked upon draw and the winner will need to confirm that they are eligible under the terms and conditions to receive their prize.
- An entry will automatically be submitted in your name when you link your Synergy Account number to your Energy Saving Toolbox at www.switchthefuture.com.au; within the Competition Period. By doing so you will be taken to agree to these terms and conditions unless you contact Synergy and opt out.
- A maximum of 1 entry can be submitted in your name.
- If you win a prize, you will be excluded from all future prize draws in this Competition.
- The total prize pool value of the Competition is $1,697. The prize pool comprises of 1 x major prize containing one Apple iPad Air*, one WeMo switch and one powerboard with energy meter. There will be 11 individual winners.
- The prizes will be drawn via random electronic selection at The Brand Agency, Level 3, 11 Harvest Terrace, West Perth, WA, 6005.
- The prize pool will be awarded at one prize draw which will take place at 12:00pm on 29 August 2014; Prize winners will be notified via email within four working days of 29 August 2014.
- Winners will be required to provide a valid Western Australia postal address for the delivery of their prize.
- The prize will be posted to the winner via Australia Post, to the address provided by the winner. Synergy accepts no responsibility or liability for confirming that the address provided by the winner is correct.
- All prizes will be posted by 30 September 2014.
- Prizes lost or stolen in transit or in the possession of the prize winner will not be replaced.
- The prize must be taken “as offered” and cannot be varied, extended, transferred or exchanged for cash.
- Each winner is responsible for the safe and proper use of their prize.
- If the stated prize is unavailable for any reason, Synergy reserves the right to offer a substitute prize of equivalent value.
- Any additional products or services not included in the prize, but required by the winner to utilise the prize, will need to be arranged and paid by the winner.
- The winners consent to Synergy using their name, suburb and photograph for publicity purposes.
- None of Synergy, or any of their employees or associates accept any responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or ineligible entries, applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, deletion, destruction, transmission, interruption, communications failure or other means beyond our control pertaining to entry. None of Synergy, or any of their employees or associates has any control over the internet, networks or communication lines and none of the aforementioned accept any responsibility for any problems associated with any of these, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- If for any reason any aspect of the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including, without limitation, by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any cause beyond the reasonable control of Synergy, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition), Synergy, in their sole discretion may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of relevant State lottery and gaming authorities (as required).
- None of Synergy, or any of its officers, employees, contractors, representatives and associated agencies and companies are or will be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, loss of opportunity or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any negligence) arising out of, or in any way connected with the Competition or any prize (including, without limitation, delivery, acceptance or use of any prize), except for any liability which, by law, cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law).
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Western Australia. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies your statutory rights, to the extent any such restriction, exclusion or modification is prohibited by law.
- All times stipulated in these terms and conditions are Western Australian Standard Time.
*Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.