Future Energy Alliance - Switch the Future Prize
Win 1 of 200 Belkin WeMo Switches
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern the Future Energy Alliance’s (FEA), “Switch the Future - Win 1 of 200 Belkin WeMo Switch electricity-saving appliances” competition (the Competition) which is conducted jointly by Electricity Retail Corporation trading as Synergy (ABN 71 743 446 839), Regional Power Corporation trading as Horizon Power (ABN 57 955 011 697) and Electricity Networks Corporation trading as Western Power (ABN 18 540 492 861) as the FEA.
1. All entries to the Competition are made upon and subject to these terms and conditions, without alteration.
2. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the FEA’s decision regarding the draw, determination of eligible entries and winner and the conduct of the Competition is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into.
3. The Competition will commence when the FEA's “Switch the Future - Win 1 of 200 Belkin WeMo Switches” campaign commences at 2pm WST Tuesday, 9 July 2013 and will close at 11.59pm WST Thursday, 29 August 2013 (the Competition Period).
4. To be eligible to enter the Competition, you must be at least 18 years of age and live in Western Australia.
5. Employees and agents of Synergy, Horizon Power and Western Power are not eligible to enter the Competition and if such an entry is submitted, it will not be valid. Entrants with email addresses from any of the aforementioned businesses will be immediately exempt from entry. Winners’ eligibility will be checked upon draw and the winner will need to confirm that they are eligible under clause 4 and 5 to receive their prize.
6. An entry will automatically be submitted in your name when you:
(a) sign up for an Energy Saving Toolbox at www.switchthefuture.com.au;
(b) complete your 'Energy Saving Toolbox' profile; or
(c) action a referral to a friend or a family member, who is not a member of your household and who has not previously signed up to the Switch the Future, Energy Saving Toolbox to participate in 'Switch the Future' via your personal dashboard (using either an email or facebook referral), within the Competition Period.
7. A maximum of 20 entries can be submitted in your name.
8. If you win a prize, you will be excluded from all future prize draws in this Competition.
9. The total prize pool value of the Competition is $11,990. The prize pool comprises of 200 individual Belkin WeMo Switch power plugs valued at $59.95 each. There will be 200 individual winners.
10. The prizes will be drawn via random electronic selection at The Brand Agency, Level 3, 11 Harvest Terrace, West Perth, WA, 6005.
11. The prize pool will be awarded at four prize draws which will take place at 12:00pm on 9th August 2013; 16th August 2013; 23rd August 2013 and 30th August 2013. At each prize draw 50 prizes will be awarded and winners will be notified via email within four working days of each draw date.
12. Entries which are unsuccessful will remain in the draw for successive prize draws for the Competition Period.
13. Winners will be required to provide a valid Western Australia postal address for the delivery of their prize by 25th September 2013.
14. The prize will be posted to the winner via Australia Post, to the address provided by the winner. Western Power, Horizon Power and Synergy accept no responsibility or liability for confirming that the address provided by the winner is correct.
15. All prizes will be posted by 28th September 2013.
16. Any unclaimed prizes (whereby the winner has not provided a valid Western Australia postal address by 25th September 2013) will go into a second chance draw to take place at 12:00pm on 30th September 2013. The draw will be via random electronic selection at The Brand Agency, Level 3, 11 Harvest Terrace, West Perth, WA, 6005.
17. Winners of the second chance draw will be required to provide a valid Western Australia postal address for the delivery of their prize by 10th October 2013.
18. All prizes will be posted out on Monday 14th October 2013. Any remaining prizes unclaimed after this date will be retained by the promoter.
19. Prizes lost or stolen in transit or in the possession of the prize winner will not be replaced.
20. The prize must be taken "as offered" and cannot be varied, extended, transferred or exchanged for cash.
21. Each winner is responsible for the safe and proper use of their prize.
22. If the stated prize is unavailable for any reason, the FEA reserves the right to offer a substitute prize of equivalent value.
23. Any additional products or services not included in the prize, but required by the winner to utilise the prize, will need to be arranged and paid by the winner.
24. The winners consent to the FEA using their name, suburb and photograph for publicity purposes.
25. None of Synergy, Horizon Power, Western Power or the FEA or any of their employees or associates accept any responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or ineligible entries, applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, deletion, destruction, transmission, interruption, communications failure or other means beyond our control pertaining to entry. None of Synergy, Horizon Power, Western Power or the FEA or any of their employees or associates has any control over the internet, networks or communication lines and none of the aforementioned accept any responsibility for any problems associated with any of these, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
26. If for any reason any aspect of the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including, without limitation, by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any cause beyond the reasonable control of Synergy, Horizon Power and Western Power, acting as the FEA, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition), Synergy, Horizon Power and Western Power, acting as the FEA, in their sole discretion may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of relevant State lottery and gaming authorities (as required).
27. None of Synergy, Horizon Power, Western Power, the FEA or any of their respective officers, employees, contractors, representatives and associated agencies and companies are or will be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, loss of opportunity or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any negligence) arising out of, or in any way connected with the Competition or any prize (including, without limitation, delivery, acceptance or use of any prize), except for any liability which, by law, cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law).
29. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Western Australia. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies your statutory rights, to the extent any such restriction, exclusion or modification is prohibited by law.
30. All times stipulated in these terms and conditions are Western Australian Standard Time.
Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.